- 8 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk or heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded Big John’s Cajun cheese (one 6 oz cut)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook macaroni and drain.
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Slowly stir flour into the melted butter to make a roux. You should see a medium-thick paste forming.
Slowly add cream/milk to the roux, being careful to stir constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and your sauce is slightly thick.
Place cooked macaroni in a medium-sized casserole dish and pour sauce over macaroni.
Bake for 10 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered. Cool before serving.
Serves 4 - 30 minute prep and cook time.
Recipe courtesy of Beehive Cheese Co.