- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup Vivian's Live Again Mushroom Soup Mix
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. gluten free soy sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tbs. oil or butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pinch Nutmeg (optional)
- 2 cup green beans, trimmed or 4 cans green beans, drained
- 1 cup fried onion flavored rings, crushed (i.e. Funyons)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk mushroom soup mix into water along with garlic, pepper, and soy sauce. Set aside. Chop onion in half, then in lengthwise strips. Heat oil or butter in frying pan over medium high heat.
Add onions and cook; stirring till browned. Add salt and continue to cook until they are well browned. Stir in the soup mixture scraping the bottom well; stir together. Reduce heat to low and add sour cream and nutmeg, if using. Mix together with beans in a 9x13 baking dish.
Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Top with fried onions for the last 5 minutes of baking.
Dairy Free Version: Caramelize onions in oil and replace sour cream with vegan sour cream. Omit Funyons.
Recipe by Laura Huffman