Ice Cream Halloween Treats:
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 ounces non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (i.e. Cool Whip)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 Fat Boy Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 36 mini Halloween candies for decoration
Beat cream cheese, whipped topping and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gradually add sugar. Spread some of the frosting over each ice cream sandwich.
Decorate with 3 mini candies each. Serve immediately.
Little Monster Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- 12 Fat Boy ice cream sandwiches, any flavor
- 1 can cake frosting, tinted "monster" green or use a few drops green food coloring
- 2 pieces black licorice, cut into 1/2” pieces
Frost the ice cream sandwiches with a thin layer of icing. Cut off the tip of a large plastic bag so that the opening is about 3/4-inch wide. Then fill the bag with green frosting (not too full or the frosting will come out the top when you squeeze it).
Working with one cupcake at a time, pipe frosting around the base of the marshmallow and then up and over it, moving toward the center and ending with a large peak.
Smooth the surface of the frosting with a butter knife, periodically dipping the tip of the knife in water so the icing will be easier to spread. Don't worry about making it perfectly smooth.
Use two pieces of the licorice to make “eyes” and a “mouth” for each ice cream sandwich. Use the tip of a toothpick to gently press the candy pieces into the frosting face, angling the eyes.