Corned Beef Sandwiches with Fennel Slaw (09.30.13)
- 1 lb. corned beef, cooked and sliced
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- dash hot sauce
- 1 fennel bulb, core removed, cut into quarters, and sliced very thinly, fronds reserved
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6-8 rolls
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Serve the corned beef warm or bring to room temperate. In a small bowl combine the mustard, honey and hot sauce. Set aside.
Toss the fennel, scallions, and carrots together in a medium bowl. Whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, fennel fronds, sugar, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a small bowl. Add the dressing to the slaw and toss to coat.
Spread some of the honey mustard on each roll. Place some of the corned beef slices on each. Top with fennel slaw. Serve immediately.