Gas leak forces evacuations in Midvale

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Breaking News

MIDVALE — A natural gas leak at a construction site in Midvale forced evacuations Wednesday morning.

It happened at the Salt Lake County Public Works Building, 7125 S 600 W, around 11:30.  Officials from the Unified Fire Authority said the leak was caused by construction workers who hit a gas line. More than 200 workers were evacuated.

The broken gas line was patched by 12:50 p.m.

Watch FOX 13 News and for updates.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.