- 1 baguette, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 5 ounces pepper jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ½ jalapeño or serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 bacon slices, cooked, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Put baguette rounds on a baking sheet. Top with cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes until toasted and cheese has melted. Set aside.
Using a fork, mash avocado in a small bowl. Add lime, jalapeño, cilantro, scallion, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Spread 1 to 2 teaspoons avocado mixture on each crostini and top with tomatoes and bacon.