- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 small red or green cabbage, thinly shredded (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 jalapeno chile, halved lengthwise, one half minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound tilapia fillets (or other firm white fish), cut into 16 equal strips
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 8 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
In a large bowl, combine yogurt, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper. Transfer half the mixture to a serving bowl. Toss cabbage, scallions, and minced jalapeno with remaining yogurt mixture. Season again with salt and pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil and remaining jalapeno half over medium-high heat; swirl to coat bottom of pan. Season fish on both sides chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. In two batches (starting with larger pieces), cook fish until golden brown on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes. Discard jalapeno.
Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package instructions.
To make tacos, fill tortillas with slaw, fish, and fresh cilantro leaves. Drizzle with reserved yogurt mixture. Serve immediately.
Note: Greek yogurt and honey can be substituted for sour cream.