- 1/2 lb. grilled chicken, diced
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 whole wheat pitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese (optional)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place first 7 ingredients in a large bowl with salt and pepper. Mix well. Lay the pitas on a baking sheet. Brush each one with oil on both sides. Place some of the cheese on each pita, if using. Top with some of the chicken mixture on each pita. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until the toppings are hot and the pitas are browned, about 5 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Courtesy: Jamba Juice