By Jennifer Burns
- Tex-Mex Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 8 slices of bread
- 1/4 cup cheese spread, any flavor
- 3 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, diced
- 2 ears of roasted corn, cut from the cob
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pinch garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Place some of the cheese spread on one side of each piece of bread. Top with some of the pepper jack cheese, jalapenos and corn. Place a piece of bread on the top of each. In a small bowl mix the garlic powder, paprika and chili powder. Spread the butter mixture on each side of the outside bread pieces.
Heat a large frying pan to medium heat. Cook the sandwiches on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.