Kennecott contractor hospitalized with acid burns

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MAGNA, Utah – A man was hospitalized after receiving second- and third-degree burns at Kennecott Smelter.

The independent contractor was working in a vat containing a 95 percent acid solution at the facility located at 11600 West and SR-201 in Magna.

His feet and ankles received sulfuric acid burns. He was LifeFlighted to the hospital in serious condition.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.