Minor explosion at St. George hotel

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. GEORGE, Utah — St. George police said a woman sustained minor injuries Tuesday in an explosion in the kitchen area of a hotel.

It happened around 8 a.m. at Lexington Hotel, 850 S Bluff Street. Police and fire personnel responded to the scene after a gas leak inside a wall of the hotel’s kitchen was ignited.

The explosion caused damage to an interior wall, but no structural damage to the building.

A maintenance worker and the injured woman, a cook, were the only two people in the area of the explosion. The woman refused to be transported to the hospital.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.