Four hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KEARNS, Utah -- Four people in Kearns were hospitalized Wednesday morning for carbon monoxide poisoning.

A Questar Gas technician responded to a home at 4470 W 5855 S around 7:30 a.m. after a resident complained of a strange odor.

The technician found extremely high levels of CO in measurements taken at the front door.

CO readings at the home were over 800 parts per million. (A CO reading of 10 parts per million is enough to warrant an evacuation of a property.)

After a call from Questar, emergency responders from the Unified Fire Authority were dispatched to the home to assist the victims.

A UFA representative told FOX 13 that the Questar Gas technician pulled one of the victims, an unconscious male, from the basement of the home. He was listed in serious condition at a local hospital.

Family members of the victims said the home had CO detectors installed and that they were recently checked.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.