Cheesy Turkey Pizza Rounds (03.13.13)
by Jennifer Burns, Jamba Juice
- 1 cup self-rising whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cups pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 pound cooked turkey, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
In a bowl, combine the flour, yogurt, salt and garlic powder; bring together to form a ball. On a floured surface, knead and roll for 5-8 minutes. Roll into a pizza shape and add toppings. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out the dough into small rounds.
Place on greased cookie sheets. Brush oil over each side of the dough rounds. Add the oregano and basil to the sauce. Spread each biscuit swirl layer with 1 teaspoon pizza sauce. Top each with some of the turkey and about 2 teaspoons cheese.
Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
*Quick Tip: To make self-rising flour, for each cup of all-purpose flour, add 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.