Fire comes close to burning SLC strip club

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SALT LAKE CITY – A Salt Lake City strip club was damaged by a fire Saturday afternoon.

The fire started just after noon Saturday at a garage near the Trails Gentleman’s Club, located near 900 South and 300 West in Salt Lake City.

The two-alarm fire destroyed the garage, but firefighters were able to contain the fire to the structure and Trails only sustained minor roof damage and some smoke and water damage inside the building.

“Fire crews really did get in very close to the fire and positioned themselves between the fully involved garage and the affected business in that small alleyway to keep the fire from damaging the affected business,” said Salt Lake City Fire Capt. Tony Allred.

The damage sustained to the club was not enough to force them to close.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.