Cajun Sausage Scramble (09.20.12)
by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 2 teaspoons Gossner Butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 potatoes, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
- 4 turkey, beef or pork sausages links, cooked and sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Gossner Milk
- 1/4 cup Gossner Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, diced
In large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the butter and sauté the onions and green pepper with salt and pepper. Stirring often, cook for 4-5 minutes or until they starts to become translucent. Toss in the potatoes and sausage and reduce heat to medium. Stir in the Cajun seasoning.
Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl with the milk, salt and pepper. Add the eggs to the mixture and continue stirring until the eggs are completely set. Add the cheddar cheese. Stir until melted. Add the tomatoes and cilantro.