KSTU Fox 13 Television has an immediate full-time opening for an experienced, enthusiastic advertising sales professional with a proven record of success and demonstrated ability to close new business along with skills to handle an existing account list.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, media sales, communication or related field or equivalent is preferred.
• Minimum of three years previous sales experience in media sales, television and/or radio is preferred. (Applicants with prior television sales experience are preferred and will be given first consideration.)
• Highly motivated, team-oriented individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a sales team while under pressure
• Familiarity with Nielsen ratings, Scarborough research, Kantar, Wide Orbit, and/or knowledge with comparable research tools is preferred.
• Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases (preferably Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.)
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
1. Contacting local advertising agencies and local businesses, acting as a liaison between the station and the local business community, providing them marketing and advertising help.
2. Making sales presentations to all types of clients to obtain advertising revenue for KSTU.
3. Internally coordinating, executing and overseeing all advertising schedules from start to finish, including collecting monies owed to KSTU for such schedules.
4. Developing new local business and increasing shares of transactional business.
5. Selling all digital platforms, both fox13now.com and our mobile opportunities, to existing and new clients.
6. Achieving and exceeding monthly and quarterly sales goals.
7. Representing KSTU in the highest professional manner at all times and adhering to all policies set forth by the station.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND CONSIDERATIONS:
• Prefer applicants that have worked in a local television station environment similar to KSTU.
• Valid Utah driver license and a reliable, professionally acceptable personal vehicle.
• Solid presentation skills and writing skills. You will be asked to demonstrate these skills.
• Other important characteristics preferred: Energetic, assertive, creative, organized, efficient, honest, detail oriented with a long history of drug free lifestyle.
To apply, please send resume and Fox 13 application to
KSTU Fox 13 Television Human Resources
5020 West Amelia Earhart Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
or FAX: (801) 536-1379
Email to – email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received we will not be able to verify receipt of your resume or applications. A KSTU/Fox 13 representative will contact you for a phone or in-person interview, should your application be selected.