Vegetables and Pasta Stir Fry (08.28.12)
by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 2 cups spiral or penne pasta
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small yellow squash, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped, any color
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the carrots, onion, squash, zucchini, bell pepper, salt and pepper in canola oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Drain pasta; add to the vegetable mixture. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the sesame oil, vinegar, honey, salt, chili powder and ginger. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to combine.