A man accused of killing an Ogden police officer and wounding five other officers in a shootout at his home appeared in court Monday morning.
Matthew David Stewart, 38, allegedly opened fire when agents from the Weber Morgan Narcotics Strike Force entered his home to serve a drug-related search warrant.
Stewart faces a capital murder charge in connection with the death of Agent Jared Francom and several other felony charges. Stewart's court appearance Monday was a status hearing, where the prosecution, the defense and the judge determined a date for Stewart's preliminary hearing.
The preliminary hearing is scheduled for October 31 through November 2.
- Dash-cam video released of fatal Ogden shootout
- Accused cop killer’s supporters hold forum on police raid policy, drug war
- Officer wounded in fatal Ogden shootout receives gift from community
- Report gives new insight into fatal officer-involved shooting
- Accused cop-killer Stewart hospitalized, court hearings delayed