Seared Salmon with Avocado Lime Chile Salsa (02.27.12)
- 2 avocados–halved, seeded, diced very small
- 1/2 large tomato–diced small
- 1/2 jalapeno–take seeds & membranes out, minced
- 1/4 cup onion–diced small
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro
- Salt & pepper
Toss ingredients together in a medium bowl, not really smashing ingredients together.
Set aside while you sear the salmon.
(Any seafood can be substituted for salmon. E.g. shrimp, halibut, tilapia, etc.)
4 salmon fillets–4-6 oz. each–seasoned with salt and pepper.
Sear salmon in a pan, slightly coated with olive oil and heated to medium-high.
Sear 7-8 minutes depending on the thickness of filets.
Remove sauté pan from heat and finish cooking in a 350 degree F. oven if salmon is very thick. Cook to your desired doneness.
Plate up salmon with a side of basmati or jasmine rice. Top salmon with avocado-lime-chili salsa and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil.