The holiday season often brings thoughts of traditional meals, gifts and special memories shared with loved ones. Bur for thousands of Utahns, this season is difficult to bear as is becomes challenging for them to meet even the most basic needs.
Please help by donating this holiday season. Whether it’s a donation of food, time or money, all methods help us Fight Hunger Statewide.
About the 2016 Holiday Food and Fund Drive
• Utah Food Bank hosts the annual Holiday Food and Fund Drive from October 15th – January 15th to help stock the shelves of Utah Food Bank and emergency food pantries statewide through the holidays and into the early spring months.
• On average, Utah Food Bank has over 500 community groups and businesses across the state register food drives across the state of Utah—we encourage everyone to get involved!
• The Holiday Food & Fund Drive is sponsored by B92.1 FM, Delta Air Lines, Riverton Motor Group and Smith’s Food & Drug Stores.
• If people want to get involved in other ways, we always request food, time, or money.
About Utah Food Bank and Hunger in Utah
• 1 in 5 Utah kids will likely miss a meal today due to lack of resources, and 423,000 Utahns are unsure where their next meal will come from.
• Last fiscal year, Utah Food Bank distributed 37.5 million pounds of food and goods, the equivalent of over 31 million meals for Utahns in need.
• Utah Food Bank provides food to a statewide network of 140 emergency food pantries and agencies.
• Utah Food Bank turns each $1 donation into $7.35 worth of goods and services, so your donation goes much further than you might think!