POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the VP/Engineering & Operations, oversee and perform preventative maintenance and repair of all equipment and facilities at KSTU’s transmitter site. Coordinate work schedules, work assignments and special projects for transmitter engineers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the VP/Engineering & Operations, schedule and coordinate maintenance and repair of all transmitter equipment.
- Coordinate work schedules, work assignments, and preventative maintenance schedules for transmitter engineers.
- Ensure all inspections are conducted as required. Take corrective action as needed to ensure accuracy and compliance with station guidelines.
- Assist VP/Engineering & Operations with the purchase, installation and design of new equipment or facilities. Oversee the execution of related projects as assigned by VP/Engineering & Operations.
- Act as a resource to transmitter and studio maintenance engineers by answering technical questions, providing guidance and problem-solving.
- Oversee training of new hires. Provide input on annual performance appraisals, as requested by VP/Engineering.
- Maintain a clean and organized facility ensuring that all areas are cleaned up before completing one’s work shift.
- Adhere to all FCC operating parameters.
- Retain accurate records of expenses and submit expense reports to supervisor in a timely manner (generally within one week of incurring an expense.)
- Be “on-call” for emergencies and back-up as assigned.
- Order parts and other supplies as necessary.
- Professionally represent KSTU internally and externally by creating and maintaining a pleasant, friendly work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Previous experience preferred.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/ and enter job #2017-45888 under keyword search.
KSTU and Tribune Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.