KSTU Fox 13 News in Salt Lake City, Utah has an immediate opening for a full-time Special Projects Photographer/Editor.
We are looking for someone who thrives on enterprise journalism and loves to tell compelling visual stories.
As a critical member of our special projects unit, you will be expected to shoot and edit news franchises and long-form reports to support a year-round sweeps strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive knowledge of multi-platform news reporting, news writing, sourcing, transparency and journalism ethics.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* At least two years of experience as a news or promotions photojournalist/editor with a commercial broadcaster
* Proven ability to tell compelling stories with video, utilizing modern lighting techniques, natural sound, creativity, and secondary video sources including drones and GoPro
* Superior non-linear editing skills with Final Cut and/or Adobe Premiere. Knowledge of compositing software, like After Effects, a plus
* Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person with co-workers and the public while working under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
* Proven record of dependability, ability to consistently meet deadlines, and ability to work a variety of schedules to meet company needs
* Versatility to shoot both hard news as well as feature stories
* Excellent organization skills
* Experience coordinating content and deadlines across departments
* Current Utah driver’s license or the ability to obtain one; excellent driving record
* Ability to lift heavy objects and climb stairs
* Excellent hearing and vision corrected to 20/20.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.