KSTU-FOX 13 in Salt Lake City is seeking a freelance, charismatic host for a local entertainment show. The host will be the face of the show, and will help drive the look and feel of the daily content. The host must have knowledge of Utah culture, news and all things that make Utah unique. A home-grown Utah point of view and an outstanding ability to make people laugh and inform thru impromptu storytelling, wit, charm and humility is required. Laughing at yourself, others and the current events will be mandatory as you explore trends in fashion, family, music and shopping.
Guest segments highlighting local clients and their businesses will be an integral part of the show’s success. This is your chance to cultivate a show that will be designed around your personality and celebrate the greatest place to live in the world. A link to your work online is preferred.
This position is the primary on-air presenter of our show, and will be responsible for writing scripts, jokes and sketches on a daily basis. You will conceptualize and pitch on-air, entertaining segments that feature Utah topics, plus produce and appear in segments that will be shot outside the studio. Your strong multimedia skills will contribute to the station’s online and social media platforms. You will build and maintain connections with the Utah business and service community.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to connect with viewers through social media networks
- Understanding of viewer needs and expectations
- Understanding of client needs and expectations
- Team player
- Ability to work closely with sales team
- Ability to make people laugh
- Understanding of video production and television production
- Shooting/editing experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or TV/film. Must have at least 3 years of professional experience creating, writing, and editing content.
- Utilize state-of-the-art television technology.
- Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
- High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer