KSTU, the Fox affiliate and news leader in beautiful Salt Lake City, Utah, is looking for a creative, dynamic, experienced broadcast journalist to oversee our late newscast as Executive Producer.
The Executive Producer must be a proven newsroom leader looking for a challenging opportunity. This individual will excel under tight deadlines and bring bold, creative ideas for developing newscasts.
• Overall responsibility for late newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production. Assist other managers in coordinating coverage for weekday 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. newscasts.
• Work with team to create innovative news content; be able to think differently and critically
• Collaborate with Editors, Producers and the Assignment Desk to select stories for coverage
• Step in to write and produce as needed
• Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple programs
• Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Rotate as weekend on-call manager
• Coordinate schedules with News Director and other news department managers
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 5 years previous news producing experience
• Supervisory experience highly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
KSTU is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: tribunemedia.com/careers and enter job #2017-46271 under keyword search.
Due to the volume of applications received we will not be able to verify receipt of your resume or applications. A KSTU/Fox 13 representative will contact you for a phone or in-person interview, should your application be selected.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.