Engineering Dept.—KSTU Salt Lake City
Reports to: Director of Technology
This proactive individual will succeed in troubleshooting, repair, installation and preventive maintenance of broadcast equipment. Person should have strong expertise in TV broadcast systems including IT/LAN infrastructure, studio, control room, master control, , wireless mics and newsroom equipment including non-linear editing systems, field cameras and ENG trucks. Provide technical support and assistance for hub based operation.
• Maintain station equipment through preventive maintenance and repair.
• Installation, wiring and documentation for broadcast equipment, automation, IT servers, switches and routers.
• Perform diagnostics and repair of computer systems. Hardware repairs/Software installations, updates.
• Perform on-site user support for desktop PC’s, MAC and other computer related issues.
• Troubleshoot transmission of satellite/RF microwave truck/bonded cellular devices .
• Assist news department with support for non-linear editing systems, FTP, basic live truck repairs.
• Have basic understanding of technical documents and drawings.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in IT, electronics or television environment or similar.
• Ability to troubleshoot/ repair broadcast equipment including computer systems, ENG cameras,
• wireless devices, video monitoring systems, routers, patch panels.
• Working knowledge of HD equipment including encoders/decoders, digital distribution of A/V.
• Use of audio/video/data test equipment such as digital waveform-spectrum analyzer.
• Demonstrated IT experience with basic server, networking topology and operating systems.
• Work with management team on design, installation and integration of digital broadcast technology.
• Amateur radio operator, FCC license, Cisco/Microsoft/SBE certifications all a plus.
• Good hand dexterity with ability to climb ladders, work in high or tight spots, lift minimum 50 lbs, mechanical skills a plus.
• Excellent problem solving abilities and skill in prioritizing issues.
ABOUT TRIBUNE MEDIA: Tribune Media Company is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, available in 72 million households, Tribune Studios, and Tribune Digital Ventures, including the websites Zap2it and TVByTheNumbers, and Gracenote, one of the world’s leading sources of TV and music metadata powering electronic program guides in televisions, automobiles and mobile devices. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.