Apartments cleared to be occupied following Centerville gas leak
CENTERVILLE, Utah – Authorities reopened two apartment buildings that had been evacuated in Centerville Monday due to a gas leak.
South Davis Metro Fire Authority said the leak was near the Legacy Apartment complex at 200 N. 1100 W.
According to Chief Paul Child with the Centerville Police Department, the leak affected apartments in the A and B buildings.
After the evacuation was lifted, Centerville stated that some units in building B would not have gas for the time being.
Dominion Energy was called to the apartments to investigate an odor of gas, Child said. The company found a dangerous level of gas in the ground around building B and asked that two buildings be evacuated.
Soon after the evacuation, Legacy Crossing Blvd was ordered to be closed by Dominion Energy.