SALT LAKE CITY — It’s time for another top ten list!
Utah’s Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control provided FOX 13 with a list of the top selling alcohols in Utah. Increasingly, the DABC said people are spending more on booze (which explains the record-breaking sales figures year after year). The average price point for a bottle is about $20, said agency spokesman Terry Wood.
Proseccos are showing an uptrend in Utah. Flavored whiskeys are up, and those candy-flavored vodkas appear to have finally had their moment. Sales are down on those.
But while sales are trending toward pricier drinks, the overall sales figures show that Utahns still go for the cheaper stuff.
The DABC reported in fiscal year 2017 approximately $427 million in overall sales. That money goes to school lunches for needy children, public safety (to combat DUIs) and the state’s general fund. Within the next couple of years, the DABC said it expects to clear a half-billion in sales.
Here’s the top selling spirits, wines and beers in Utah, according to DABC’s sales figures:
- Barton Vodka (1750 ml)
- Jack Daniels Black Label (1000 ml)
- Smirnoff Vodka (1750 ml)
- Patrol Silver Tequila (650 ml)
- Jack Daniels Black Label (1750 ml)
- Fireball Cinnamon Whisky (750 ml)
- Jameson Irish Whiskey (750 ml)
- Crown Royal (750 ml)
- Crown Royal (1750 ml)
- Crown Royal Regal Apple (750 ml)
- Kendall Jackson Chardonnay Vintne (750 ml)
- Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label (750 ml)
- Bota Box Pinot Grigio (3000 ml)
- Black Box Cabernet (3000 ml)
- Franzia Sunset Blush (5000 ml)
- Franzia Chillable Red (5000 ml)
- Meiomi Pinot Noir Black Box Chardonnay (750 ml)
- California Franzia Chardonnay (3000 ml)
- Australian (5000 ml)
- Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay (750 ml)
Beers / Ciders / Flavored Malt Beverages
- Squatters Hop Rising Double IPA [Bottled] (355 ml)
- Stella Artois (330 ml)
- Icehouse Beer (355 ml)
- Pacifico Lager Mexico (355 ml)
- Busch Ice Lager (355 ml)
- Wasatch Devastator Double Bock (355 ml)
- Red Rock Elephino IPA (500 ml)
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (355 ml)
- Angry Orchard Crisp Apple (355 ml)
- Squatters Hop Rising Double IPA [Canned] (355 ml)