Chimney catches Ogden home on fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Courtesy: Ogden Fire Department

OGDEN, Utah — A chimney caught an Ogden home on Sunday morning.

Ogden Fire Department responded to a structure fire on 1835 East and 2100 South just before 9 a.m.

According to officials, the fire spread from the chimney into the attic and cost about $80,000 in damages.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire within 25 minutes of the incident.

The fire displaced two residents, but┬áRedCross wasn’t needed, officials said.

Officials said there were no injuries.