Man critically injured, dog killed in Salt Lake house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SALT LAKE CITY - A man is in critical condition and his dog has died after a Salt Lake City house fire Tuesday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the home near 1457 S. and 500 E. at about 1:30 p.m.

The man suffered burns on the upper half of his body, as well as smoke inhalation, according to officials, he was rushed to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition.

Fire officials said the man's dog did not survive.

So far, there is no word on how the fire started.

The fire department estimates about $100,000 in damages.

Check back with Fox 13 for the latest updates.