How to help: Northern California wildfire relief

Carbon monoxide leak forces evacuation at apartment building in SLC

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SALT LAKE CITY — Evacuations at a Salt Lake City apartment building have been lifted after a carbon monoxide leak was detected Monday evening.

Salt Lake City fire officials responded to Gateway Apartments, at 135 S 500 W, after receiving a report of the leak.

According to the Salt Lake City Fire Department, the CO leak affected multiple floors of the apartment building. Shortly after 6:30 p.m., the fire department reported that they believe they’ve identified the source of the leak and the CO levels have reduced.

Watch FOX 13 News and fox13now.com for updates.