Allergy free blogger Megan Lavin shares some fun ideas. You can get more from her here.
Allergy-Friendly No Bake Chocolate Pretzel Bites (Gluten, dairy, egg, soy, peanut & tree nut free; top 8 free; vegan)
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
This adorable, snackable dessert couldn't get any easier. No bake and store bought ingredients help this treat come together within minutes. Simply assemble and dip in chocolate. The hardest part will be waiting for the chocolate to harden. This festive holiday treat is free of: gluten, dairy, egg, peanut and tree nuts; and is vegan too!
Author: Allergy Awesomeness
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 bag of gluten-free pretzels
- 2 cups of vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons dairy-free, soy-free shortening
- 1 bag of large marshmallows, with each one cut in half (be sure you're using vegan marshmallows, if you need it to be vegan)
- 1 jar of creamy SunButter
- Sprinkles, optional
- Take a pretzel and smear a small amount of SunButter on top of it. Take one of the large marshmallows that are cut in half and place it, sticky side down, on top of the SunButter.
- Once all of those are assembled, melt your chocolate. Place the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute at a time, until everything is melted and easily stirred.
- Drop one pretzel bite at a time into the melted chocolate, carefully coating each side. Gently lift it out of the chocolate, knocking off any excess chocolate. Set the wet pretzel bite on some wax paper until it sets up. While it's still wet, place some sprinkles on top.
- Allow them to harden (this can be done faster if you want to place it in the fridge).
- Enjoy--these may be kept out at room temperature, uncovered if you wish.
- (Also, this can be doubled to make as many as you want. I just made as many as we needed and stopped once we got there, but feel free to use up the entire bags of ingredients.)