Firefighters investigating what sparked Woods Cross house fire

cyr9voixaaaobqd

WOODS CROSS, Utah – Firefighters have contained a fire at Woods Cross home.

Fire crews from South Davis Metro Fire Department were called to the home near 1500 S. and 1100 W. just after 9:30 a.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters saw heavy flames coming from a window and thick, black smoke coming from the front door.

Firefighters started attacking the fire burning in the home and were able to knock down the fire after a couple of minutes.

One man was home at the time of the fire, but was able to evacuate the home without any injuries.

Authorities are investigating how the fire started.

The homeowner said that he thinks the fire started inside the walls of the home and told firefighters that he had been experiencing electrical wiring problems previously.

There are no estimates on the amount of damage caused by the fire.

The family of five is displaced and will be staying with relatives in the area.