Health and fitness blogger Veggie Lisa shares her most popular recipe ever. She says this is the most requested among fans and her family.
Vanilla Greek Yogurt Ice Cream
4 cups plain nonfat greek yogurt
Coconut or vanilla extract
Unsweetened Almond milk or water
1/2-3/4 cup Truvia baking blend
Real Vanilla Bean scraped (optional)
- Mix the yogurt with the trivia in a medium bowl, add in extract to taste. If you have a vanilla bean, add the scrapings here.
- Thin "ice cream" base out with either almond milk or water (should only take about 1/4 cup or so. you want the consistency to be that of a normal ice cream base)
- Allow to site in fridge for at least an hour so that the stevia/sugar blend dissolves.
- Place in ice cream maker until soft set, about 20 mins ( i like mind more on the harder side, it will melt fast as you serve it)
- Store any remaining leftovers in freezer.
When thawing ice cream, it will take longer than regular ice cream due to the high protein content
For more amazing and healthy recipe ideas, you can visit Lisa's blog here.