Healthy Mexican Layered Dip
- 2 (15 oz.) cans no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ripe Haas Avocados, pitted
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 1/2 cups plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh prepared salsa
- 6 green onions
- 1 cup black olives, rinsed, chopped
- Whole wheat tortilla chips or pita triangles, for serving
- No Salt Seasoning, to taste
Each layer will be built in a 9” x 9” dish. To prepare the bean layer, combine the first five ingredients (through chili powder) in a food processor. Process until smooth. Spread evenly in bottom of the pan.
In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with a fork. Stir in lime juice and no salt seasoning. Spoon over the bean layer. Spread yogurt layer over avocado layer.
Spread salsa evenly over yogurt layer. Top with green onions, black olives. Serve with whole wheat chips or pitas.