Holly Bell, a counselor from Jordan School District, shared some tips to help students avoid "senioritis".
Even with all of the preparation, parents and students are often caught off-guard when the senior year is finally here. Here are things to make the year successful:
• Making up for lost time - be in-line for graduation
• What "college" means (1, 2, 4+ years postsecondary education) Everyone can go to college!
• High paying, high demand careers
• How to pay for college - scholarships (private, government and educational institutions) and grants (FAFSA)
• Do your research and get everything together - application/scholarship deadlines (some as early as December 1st!), tuition/fees, housing, ACT/SAT, essays, letters of recommendation. Don't wait!
• Talk to your counselor!
• Have fun!