Cheesy Cauliflower Patties
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cut cauliflower into florets. Boil until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Mash the cauliflower while still warm. Stir in cheese, eggs, panko breadcrumbs, cayenne, salt and pepper, to taste.
In a large skillet up to medium high heat, add half of the oil. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Add remaining oil to pan. Cook the remaining patties. Keep warm. In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, dill, parsley or cilantro, salt and pepper. Serve yogurt dill sauce with cauliflower patties.