Toni Roberts from Design Dazzle shared some tips for Emergency Preparedness Month.
- Water. Use old bottles that have a PET1 symbol on the bottom, they store water well for long periods of time. 55-gallon water barrels are ideal for long term storage. Get a drinking hose for the barrel.
- Life straw. Under $15 for a water purifier. Very lightweight.
- Light sources. Find solar powered lights. Some come with USB cables for charging electronics.
- Mylar blankets and little heat packs.
- Fresno lens to start a fire.
- Portable toilet.
- Food storage. Freeze dried food lasts 25-30 years.
To see more from Toni visit her website designdazzle.com