Fresh Salmon Burgers with Lemon Caper Sauce
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice, divided
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, chopped
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, chopped or torn
- 1 lb. salmon fillets, skin removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves, any kind
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
In a medium bowl, stir lemon zest, half of the lemon juice, yogurt, capers, basil, no salt seasoning and pepper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the salmon, dill, green onions, breadcrumbs, remaining lemon juice, no salt seasoning and pepper. Shape salmon mixture into four burgers.
In a large skillet up to medium heat, add oil (or on a greased grill); cook burgers 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned on the outside and still slightly pink in the center for medium or until desired doneness.
To serve, spread some of the lemon caper sauce on the inside of each bun. Top with a salmon burger, tomato slice and lettuce. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Heart Institute