Financial expert Rachel Langlois with Cyprus Credit Union shares some fun and creative birthday gift ideas.
- College fund: start or add to a child's college fund. Give them their favorite school's hat or sweatshirt to get them excited about attending college one day.
- Roth IRA: If you add $1,000 to their fund when they are 17 years old, by the time they retire it will be $27,000!
- Foreign money: Give them money from a different country that they can save and admire.
- Fake money: Give them the amount of money you added to one of their savings accounts in monopoly money.
- Savings Account: Start a savings account for their birthday. Cyprus Credit Union gives kids 10% interest on their savings accounts! You can find more information here.