- 16 oz whole grain pasta, any shape
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minded
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 12 oz jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspooon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups baby spinach, loosely packed, chopped
- 10-12 basil leaves, torn
- 3 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Cook penne according to package directions.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the peppers, artichokes and tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and juice, , oregano, basil, no salt seasoning and pepper.
Add cooked pasta to the pan. Garnish each serving with fresh basil and cheese. Toss well to combine.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute