Britney and Cherie from Grain Crazy joined us in the studio to share a healthy recipe for some delicious granola. It's hard to go wrong when you put chocolate and peanut butter together! For more healthy recipes from the mother-daughter duo, click here.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Quinoa Granola
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of toasted quinoa (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of chopped cashews (or nuts of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan on low heat, combine honey, cocoa, peanut butter, oil, and vanilla. Stir and let just come to a boil. Take off the heat.
- In a medium size bowl pour in the quinoa and oatmeal. Pour the warm chocolate mixture on top. Stir into the dry ingredients until all combined.
- Toss in the nuts and chips and eat without out cooking, or bake at 350 for about 15 min till it is crunchy. Enjoy!