Mango, Black Bean and Avocado Lettuce Cups (04.13.16)
- 2 ripe avocados, cubed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 cups mangos, cubed
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Gently toss avocado with 1 tablespoon of the lime juice in a medium bowl. Add mango and jalapeño and gently toss to combine. Set aside.
Whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, zest, cilantro, no salt seasoning and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk in oil until thoroughly combined to make a dressing. Add avocado mixture and black beans; toss gently. Divide lettuce into “cups”, place some of the mango, black bean and avocado mixture into each. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute