Therapist Kathy Parker shared some guidelines for breaking up with a friend. Similar to romantic relationships, breaking up with friends can be an extremely difficult task, Kathy answers a few questions on how to go about it gracefully.
1. Why would you ever want to break up with a friend?
- We think about breaking up with significant others, the same is true for friends.
- Breaking up shouldn't be the first option.
2. What are some reasons for breaking up with a friend?
- If you struggle to be your authentic self with your friend.
- If your friendship is one sided.
- If you and your friend are regularly in a state of conflict.
3. How do you actually break up with a friend?
- Be assertive and thoughtful.
- Choose a graceful exit.
- Walk away from the friendship with gratitude.
To contact Kathy go to www.creatingchangecounseling.com