Steak, Corn and Black Bean Burritos (4.07.16)
- 1 lb. top sirloin boneless steaks, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup prepared fresh salsa
- 2 cups rice, cooked and warmed
- 6 large flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large avocado, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 large jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. In a saucepan, add corn, beans and salsa. Cook over medium heat with salt and pepper for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
To assemble, divide the steak, corn and bean mixture, rice and cheese among the tortillas. Add avocado, jalapenos and cilantro, if using. Roll each tortilla up into a burrito. Serve immediately.