Cynthia Uberty from Salt Lake Community College Culinary Arts shows us how to make a very fancy and decadent dessert.
EDIBLE CHOCOLATE BOWLS
1 BAG GHIRADELLI MELTING
12 OZ CHOCOLATE WAFERS
1 12" PASTRY BAG
1. Put foil over a bowl, which is upside down.
2. Melt chocolate disks in microwave in a glass bowl and then fill a pastry bag with chocolate. Make sure you have a closed tip.
3. Clip very small opening at tip of pastry bag and begin piping over the top of upside down bowl. Pipe crisscross putting a generous amount so that the bowl is strong once chocolate cools.
4. Allow chocolate to cool until completely hardened. Invert bowl and remove bowl and foil carefully.
5. Fill edible chocolate with your favorite mousse and top with berries.
5 1/2 GHIRADELLI MELTING CHOCOLATES WAFERS/CHOP
1 1/2 KNOX GELATIN
16 OZ HEAVY CREAM
1. Sprinkle gelatin over 1 ounce of water. Bloom for 5 minutes.
2. Whip 10 ½ ounces of the heavy cream to medium peaks, and set aside.
3. Scald remaining 5 ½ ounces of heavy cream.
4. Place chopped fine chocolate in a bowl. Melt gelatin in a glass bowl in microwave for a few seconds until it becomes liquid. Pour gelatin over chocolate and immediately pour scaled cream over chocolate and gelatin. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
5. Cool to 80 degrees and fold in whip cream. Chill until firm.
6. Pipe mousse in cups and top with berries.