Erika Peterson, who is part of the new series "fit to fat to fit", shares a healthy recipe called Apple Chicken Hash.
For more information about the upcoming show, go here. It airs January 19th on A&E at 10/9c.
You can also visit Erika's website called Clean Simple Foodie where she regularly shares healthy living tips, recipes, and meal plans.
Apple Chicken Hash
by Erika Peterson, Clean Simple Foodie
What you`ll need:
2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 large or 16 small chicken sausages
1/2 yellow onion, chopped into big chunks
2 apples, chopped into big chunks
2 Laughing Cow cheese wedges
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
What you`ll do:
1. Boil sweet potatoes in a large pot of water for 8 minutes. Drain.
2. Drizzle olive oil into a large frying pan or skillet over medium heat. Transfer sweet potatoes to pan and brown for about 5 minutes.
3. Add apples, onions, chicken sausage, laughing cow cheese wedges, salt, pepper and any other spices that you`d like.
4. Heat together 12-15 minutes.
5. Top each one cup serving with a sprinkle of cheese. Serve.
What`s in it:
Each serving contains 289 calories, 16g protein, 23g carbs, and 16g fat.