Egg White Scramble with Pesto (01.06.16)
- 12 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons non-fat milk
- Non-stick spray
- 1 large tomato, juiced, diced
- 1 1/2 cups no salt added white or black beans, rinsed
- 3 cups loosely packed spinach
- 4 pieces whole grain bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup pesto*
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with milk, no salt seasoning and pepper. Heat non-stick spray in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the egg white mixture, tomatoes, beans, spinach, no salt seasoning and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through and egg whites have set up, 3-4 minutes.
Serve the egg white scramble mixture over the toasted bread. Top with desired amount of pesto.
*You can use a store bought pesto or make your own using no salt seasoning instead of salt.