Slow cooking expert Karen Petersen shows us how to make the easiest and tastiest appetizer dip. You can find more great recipes from Karen here.
Recipe for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Makes 6 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart
Cooking time: 3-4 hours
2 lbs chicken breast halves (I used 2 chicken breast halves)
1 (8 oz) brick of cream cheese
1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce or other hot sauce of your choice
1. Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Cut up the cream cheese into cubes and place on top of slow cooker.
3. Pour hot sauce over the top.
4. Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours (chicken breasts cook fairly quickly in the slow cooker, I only cooked mine for about 2 hours).
5. Remove the chicken and shred it up. Place chicken back into the slow cooker and stir. Serve dip with chips and veggies or you can serve over rice or quinoa.