Orange Sesame Shrimp and Noodles (10.22.15)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 ounce soba noodles or spaghetti
- 1 cup broccoli or cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, any size, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Combine the orange juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, ginger, zest and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
Boil noodles according to package directions. Before draining, add snow peas and carrot. Let cook for 1 minute. Drain pasta, broccoli or cauliflower and carrot. Toss while still warm with orange juice mixture. Set aside.
In a large skillet up to medium high heat, add remaining tablespoon of sesame oil. Saute shrimp seasoned with salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes, if raw or 1-2 minutes if shrimp is previously cooked.
To serve, arrange pasta on plates or in bowls, top with shrimp. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts, if using.