SALT LAKE CITY – American Girl dolls are coming to Salt Lake City but only for the 2015 holiday season.
A temporary American Girl store is opening at Fashion Place Mall Saturday, Oct. 24.
Officials said the 2,600-square-foot seasonal store will feature most, but not all, of the popular American Girl products including dolls, books, accessories and even a signature hair salon.
Officials said the pop-up store is expected to be open through Jan. 2016 and to close some time early next year.
The grand opening starts at 10 a.m. Saturday and continues through Sunday at 6 p.m.
Shoppers can expects free gifts and crafts while supplies last and enter for a chance to win an American Girl doll and book.
American Girl Salt Lake City – Fashion Place
6191 S State Street
Murray, UT 84107-7269
Grand Opening: Oct. 24 – Oct. 25
Open Through: January 31, 2016
Monday – Saturday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday: Noon – 6 p.m.
American Girl Store Grand Opening Information:
– To manage guests’ waiting times and observe fire-safety regulations, a ticket system will be used for the American Girl Grand-Opening Weekend Events. Each person (including children) who wishes to enter the store will receive a ticket with an assigned group number. Come to the front of the American Girl store to receive your ticket(s).
– Ticket distribution will begin one hour before the store opens on Saturday and Sunday.
– When the store opens each day, groups will be announced in numerical order for admittance through the American Girl entrance. Guests may shop or dine in the mall while waiting for their group number to be called. If you have any questions, an event staff member will be happy to assist you.
– American Girl reserves the right to stop ticket distribution at any time based on space and timeframe constraints.
– Overnight camping is not allowed on the property.